Aluminum Die Casting Alloy With Enhanced Corrosion Resistance
Delphi K-Alloy™ (A304) is an aluminum die casting alloy that provides unexpected levels of corrosion resistance when compared to traditional aluminum alloys.
In outdoor or highly corrosive environments die cast parts can form unacceptable levels of corrosion that could lead to product failure. A new die casting aluminum alloy was developed and patented by Delphi Corporation to eliminate the high potential for failure of standard die casting alloys like 380, 360 and 413. Exhibiting unique properties, the new alloy is branded as K-Alloy, also known as A304.
- Superior corrosion resistance as compared to all other die casting alloys, eliminate need for toxic Cr3 coatings
- 5% Elongation as cast; 8%+ elongation after heat treating for significantly improved rigidity and fastener retention
- Advanced thermal conductivity makes K-Alloy ideal for heat sink applications
- Physical properties comparable to 360 and 413 alloys
- K-Alloy can be cast using existing dies with die life equal to 100% of A380
- Readily available commercial suppliers
- K-Alloy can be thermally post processed for structural components
MatWeb material property data for K-Alloy (A304)
K-Alloy was developed and patented by Delphi Corporation for under-hood applications where moisture, road salt corrosion, heat, vibration and shock had been contributing to failure of standard Al alloys resulting in warranty repair. K-Alloy, as cast, has virtually eliminated corrosion with automakers now certifying the life of K Alloy components in excess of 20 years under the hood. K-Alloy is available world-wide through Delphi-licensed smelters. Download a brochure here.
K-Alloy, available from licensed smelters worldwide, is now available for the first time in India. Contact us for specific availability, pricing and technical support.
DGI Management, Inc. has extensive experience with corrosion issues in die cast aluminum alloy parts. Over the past ten years we have been commercializing K-Alloy world-wide in industries including outdoor lighting, electrical components, traffic control, recreational, automotive and other products that need to perform in harsh environments. If corrosion of aluminum castings is an issue in your company, K-Alloy could be a long-term solution for improved parts with less post-processing and lower overall cost.
We work with some of the best die casters and die cast mold makers in the USA who can produce your parts domestically, on time and within budget. Contact us today for more information and die casting options.
DGI Management, Inc
18195 McDurmott, East
Irvine, CA 92614